Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Vegan Beauty Products: Makeup Brushes

Yesterday evening on my way home it started to pour out so I took refuge from the rain in the Winners at King and Spadina. While I was slowly perusing through the store and waiting out the rain I came across a full set of eco-friendly and cruelty-free makeup brushes form Natural Beauty Tools for only $16! The set has 5 brushes; powder/blush brush, concealer brush, eye shadow brush, angle brush and lash/brow groomer. They're made from a luxuriously soft synthetic hair, bamboo and recycled metal. I was so stoked to come across this amazing find and I didn't hesitate to snap them up. I'm sure most of you know that vegan and eco-friendly makeup brushes can be a bit pricey. One brush alone can cost $16 dollars so this set was an amazing deal. I don't normally wear lots of makeup but my friend Nicole Ostonal and I will be putting together a vegan makeup tutorial for you soon and these brushes were much needed. So stay tuned for the makeup tutorial it's going to be a good one. My über talented friend Nicole is a budding Toronto makeup artist and a lot of fun so I'm super excited about this up coming post.

Vegan Beauty Products: Make Up Brushes

Image Source & Credit: The Streets I Know

2 comments:

jesse.anne.o said...

Sweet!

I have some of these, which you can find in CVS/Duane Reed in the US:

http://www.amazon.com/Ecotools-Bamboo-Brush-Set-Piece/dp/B001EM1BBK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288206964&sr=8-1

Anonymous said...

also try these pro vegan approved brushes from christopher drummond beauty (the makeup is also mostly vegan)
www.christopherdrummond.com
great quality created by a pro makeup artist!