Thursday, December 30, 2010

Real Vegan Style: Melisser Elliott

I'm trying to remember the first time I discovered Melisser Elliott's blog The Urban Housewife. I'm pretty sure I've been following it for at least 3 years if not longer, time just seems to go by so fast lately that I can't keep track. However, there could be another explanation as to why I can't remember, I've felt like I've known Melisser for much longer than 3 years. She's just the kind of person that you feel like you've known forever. I have yet to meet the fabulous Melisser in person, but she is one of my favourite people to follow and chat with from the vast and ever growing online vegan community. So back in June when she contacted me about featuring my blog in a little vegan lifestyle book she was putting together I, of course, jumped at the chance. All of you now know that little book as The Vegan Girls Guide To Life. When her book reached bookstores on World Vegan Day 2010 (November 1rst), I'm sure like me you ran out, scoop one up and read it cover to cover. Over the months following her book's debut, Melisser set off on a book tour adventure. She visited Manhatten, Washington, Philadelphia, Boston, Brooklyn, Paris, London, Brighton and many other places. If you missed her book tour dates back in November & December fear not she's back in the US of A with a few tour dates this January (I'll be listing the dates below). Now most of you know that Melisser is not just a book author, she's somewhat of a vegan jack of all trades. Like I mentioned above she has her drool-worthy vegan food blog The Urban Housewife and is one fourth of the San Fransisco's vegan bakery Sugar Beat Sweets' team. She also has 10 years of working as a makeup artist under her pleather belt and recently started the vegan cosmetic website Cruelty-Free Face. Last but not least Melisser also helps fight the good fight by participating in animal activism & vegan outreach. Go Melisser!

Tour Dates:
January 2nd Berkeley, CA at Saturn Cafe Space Lounge, 6pm to 9pm 
January 4th Sacramento, CA at Never Felt Better Vegan Shop, 7pm to 9pm 
January 8th Seattle, WA at Cakespy Shop, 2pm to 4pm 
January 11th Portland, OR at Herbivore Clothing, time TBD 
January 14th Los Angeles, CA, location TBD 7pm to 9pm


Real Vegan Style: Melisser Elliott

Dress: H&M • Belt: H&M • Tights: Calzedonia • Shoes: New Yorker • Hair Accessory: Cutie Dynamite

Image Source & Credit: Lauren Chesnutt 

No comments: